October 2017

The other day I realized we only have three more block exams before this semester is over. A lot of people might think “Oh that’s a good thing! You’re closer to medical school!” and while that might be true, this program has been awesome so far, and it’ll definitely be a big change in my life when it does come to a close. My classmates and I have done a lot of things together, including exploring new places to eat brunch (like for Mashli’s birthday pictured below!)
            After 4 years of living here, I’m still amazed by the sudden changes in weather-having to wear shorts one day and then a full sleeved shirt a few days later. The best weather is when there’s a chilly breeze without strong winds because that’s the best time to rock a hoodie, and who doesn’t like to study in a hoodie?
            I’ll tell you a quick story now. One day back home, I was getting my oil changed and as I sat in the waiting room, I was on my phone like everyone else in the room, scrolling through my Instagram feed and what not. I was super bored as I waited close to two hours for my car to be serviced, but during this period, I was listening to the TV in the background. At one point, a hypertension drug commercial played and I immediately looked at the TV and just focused on the words coming out of the speakers. As they explained the drug, its side effects, and its contraindications, I was amazed at how quickly I was able to understand the advertisement!
This is just an example of how much I’ve learned so far, and I’m excited to learn much more during the remaining two months of the semester.
             Unfortunately, I was not able to complete the service learning I wanted to this month, but November will be different. I have already planned some service learning events to complete with some friends, and I hope to tell you some stories from those events!

Until next time,

-Joshua








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August 2017

November 2017